Monday 13 September 2010

Title: Milestone

Director: Jess Renaud

Synopsis: (Convincing outline for your story)
My documentary is about going from 17 to 18, 18 being a milestone into adulthood. Turning 18 allows a teenager to have many more privileges such as buying a house and getting married, or even getting sued and going to prison.
I have followed the life of a young teenage boy for a month with 2 weeks either side of his 18th, before and after. He explains to us how it feels to be an adult and how he is now enjoying being able to go out and drink legally, he tell us what the change is like for him.

Who are the target audience?
The target audience for the documentary is teenagers who are also around this age or maybe younger wanting to know what its like to become an adult. This could also be watched by parents wanting to know what their kids are up to!

Which short films have you looked at to help you get ideas?
I looked at Slumdog Millionaire to help me get ideas for my documentary. As this film follows the life of an indian boy it gave me the idea to follow the boy in my film.

What message do you hope the audience will understand from your film?
I hope the audience will understand that going from 17 to 18 isn't just an ordinary birthday its a big jump! I also want parents to know that not all teenagers are bad and some do generally just want to go out and have a good time rather than cause trouble.

Setting(s):

My documentary is set in a few different places such as the boys house, his friends houses, clubs, pubs and bars. There is also a few scenes where him and his friends are in cars.

Cast:
Carter (the boy I followed)

Crew:
I worked with my friend Olivia Board to create this documentary, she helped me with filming and directory.

No comments:

Post a Comment